Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Anyone live in Austin Texas and drive to San Antonio to attend UTSA?


Anyone live in Austin Texas and drive to San Antonio to attend UTSA?
I want to live in Austin Texas but go to UTSA to get my MBA. I was wondering if anyone did that drive and how it is. I think it would be about a little over an hour. Does anyone trip this trip for school and have any ideas for me. I want to live in Austin because I can live with family for cheap vs. an expense apt. Please help.....Thank you! :)
San Antonio - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Back in the 80s I lived in northern San Antonio (281 and Bitters) and commuted to Austin (Airport and 56th). Took me about an hour and 40 minutes, back in the days of the 55mph speed limit. Think of this: You'll be putting wear and tear on the car, and have to pay for gas and oil changes. Back then (dinosaurs walking the earth and such) I was putting 175 miles a day on the car going back and forth. Five days a week, did this for six months. Got to hate it. I was pumping in nearly 7 gallons of gas a day. Figure 50 cents a mile for gas, oil, maintenance, repairs, depreciation. That's $87.50 a day. I don't know how many days you'll be going a week, but multiply by that, and figure it over the two years you'll be doing your MBA. Unless you live in south Austin and average 90 it'll take longer to get to UTSA than you think. Figure an hour and a half to be safe. Also remember that is nearly three hours a day you'll be on the road. Not good for all the studying and projects you'll need to do. I just looked at student housing. Geez, times have changed from my college days. Weigh the benefits versus the problems.


2
It's approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes from Austin to UTSA when the traffic is good (it can get pretty ugly on I 35). If you're having to commute on a daily basis, I would think it would get tiresome pretty quickly. If you will only be commuting 2 or 3 days a week, it would probably be fine.

Popular Posts