Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What schools around Austin, Texas can help me find out how to work in DNA analysis?Is it genetics and biology?


What schools around Austin, Texas can help me find out how to work in DNA analysis?Is it genetics and biology?
What degrees do I specifically need? I am very interested in becoming a laboratory technician dealing with forensic testing. Is there online courses I can take? Do I need criminal justice degrees because of the legal side of this? If so, which degree should I look for in criminal justice?
Biology - 1 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Most molecular biology and genetics courses will offer dna analysis. If you're going into any science degree, they'll REQUIRE you to take at least an introductory course in protein synthesis and molecular bio. If you're very interested, you could find a professor who's currently doing research on these topics and apply as a lab assitant to gain offhand knowledge. I wouldn't really say there criminal justice is the related field.. I suggest the course ethics, as it ties in very much to the science side. It's listed as a philosophy course in my university though. I'm sure 99% of universities will have such courses like "molecular biology." genetics is more on the side of finding probabilities of traits that appear.

Popular Posts