Thursday, February 24, 2011

Your opinion on colleges in the Austin, Texas area?


Your opinion on colleges in the Austin, Texas area?
I'm looking at schools near Austin, Texas. Mostly interested in private colleges. I'd appreciate your opinions and the pro's and con's of schools in the area. Classes? Helpful professors? Food? Safety? Know anything or hear anything about Huston-Tillotson University or Concordia University Texas. Others? Thanks!
Austin - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I attended and graduated from Concordia and it's a fine institution. I felt like I got a quality education and the professors and staff were very helpful. They've moved campuses since I attended so I can't comment much on it's current location. St Edward's University is another great private college located in South Austin. I had many work colleagues graduate from there and spoke highly of it. They have a lot of evening classes (unlike UT) which makes it convenient for those working and going to school. I don't know much about Huston-Tillotson other than what they say on their website: "Huston-Tillotson University is an accredited, four-year, historically black college with a mission to educate, develop and direct students of any social, economic, spiritual, or racial background." They deem themselves a liberal arts college with a proud tradition of a multicultural education. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.


2
If you are liberal try Huston-Tillotson, Saint Edwards, or ACC. If you are small town oriented consider Texas State in San Marcos. Religious and studious consider Concordia. Fine Arts consider Southwestern in Georgetown. If I had it to do over again I would give higher consideration to the last two listed above.


3
St. Edward's, Concordia and Southwestern - all very good schools. Southwestern is rated as one of the very top small schools in the country. Has about 1200 students. Williamson County is very conservative but nice place to live.

Popular Posts