Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Best school district in Austin Texas.*more details inside*?


Best school district in Austin Texas.*more details inside*?
I was considering the eanes school district ( I am moving to austin this month) for my 13 year old daughter, going into 8th grade. I heard raving reviews about the district but when i then talked to a teacher over the phone the information she supplied me with ranted about how entitled the kids were, spending time at the mall 24/7, judging each other on the biggest house best car, etc.(exactly what were trying to get away from.) Her friend who worked there quit after 3 months because the children, excuse me, but made her want to throw up everyday. She also explained that the teachers are only average. Now hearing this I am at loss for ideas of the school I should put my daughter in. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.
Austin - 5 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Thats weird. :/ I heard Eanes was a pretty good school. My grandma is a teacher there for kindergartners. My cousins went to Murchison Middle school and they liked it a lot. I dont really know first hand though. Im going to be a senior at Dripping Springs Highschool and its only 15 minutes outside of Austin, but DSISD schools have a verrrrry good reputation education wise.


2
Yes, there are a a lot of stuck up, superficial kids. But, when it comes to academics Eanes is the best public school district in Austin. Austin ISD is not great at all. Maybe look into Lake Travis ISD, its about 10 minutes from Westlake(where eanes is).


3
Eanes is a great district but it's very expensive to live in the area. Austin ISD is horrible, so if you want the best for your daughter, I suggest finding something outside of Austin. Lake Travis is also good, maybe Pflugerville or Manor as well?


4
I found that the Baranoff/Bailey/Bowie area of AISD is a nice mix, good academics, but not too stuck up. It is in Shady Hollow area, which is West Slaughter/Brodie region of south Austin. Mine will be going into Bailey next year. Academic success begins at home, and regardless of where you attend school, you can get a good education.


5
Yes, Eanes tends to have that reputation -- entitlement, but academically, it is very strong. There are other school districts in the area that are highly rated. In Round Rock ISD, the Westwood high school feeder area is extremely highly rated, with Westwood being one of the top rated high schools in the country, plus it has a nice mix of students, ethnicities, cultures, economic backgrounds, academic choices (it is the fine arts academy for the district and an IB school) but it is TOUGH. My son took 13 AP classes, got a perfect score on the Math SAT and was not even in the top 10% of his graduating class of 2009.

Popular Posts