Thursday, April 14, 2011

Which school should I go to? UT austin vs texas a&m vs Texas tech?


Which school should I go to? UT austin vs texas a&m vs Texas tech?
I am in top 10% and i cant decide which college is best for me. I plan to pursue a professional degree in pharmacy. i know austin has a good program. in texas tech the first year is free. but my sister says lubbock is depressing compared to austin. texas a&m has way lower gpa requirements. idk why? texas tech and texas a&m has high std affected students. I am hard working but laid back kinda nerd. And i know that austins pharmacy program is very competetive compared to a&m and tech thanks in advanced i meant that freshman year for income below 40,000 is free( red raider guarantee)
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
Go with UT or Texas A&M. TAMU (as much as I hate to admit it being a Baylor grad and hard core Baylor fan) is a good school, so don't worry too much about their lower GPA requirements too much. Tech is just... bleh. I imagine they probably have a REASON (*ahem*) for offering a free first year. College Station would at least put you near within decent range of several good cities (Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas-Ft. Worth). My strongest recommendation is for UT, especially since you are in the top 10%.


2
You are very confused when it comes to knowing these schools... so is the first answerer. Texas Tech and Texas A&M have completely average STD rates. That is an absolute rumor. All 3 schools are great, apply to all 3 and then make a choice. I don't think you would get a free year of pharmacy school at Tech unless top 10% gets a scholarship or something... Alright I see the Red Raider guarantee. I'm not going to say which school to go to because all 3 are great schools, but don't let misinformed people like the one above tell you thinks like Tech is "Blehhh" and has a high STD rate and a bunch of other crap because it is a great university that is rising in reputation rapidly. Good luck in your search.

Popular Posts