Monday, March 28, 2011

ASAP! Son is traveling from Wisconsin to Austin Texas today with High School Band-?


ASAP! Son is traveling from Wisconsin to Austin Texas today with High School Band-?
I am aware of nasty weather all the way down to Texas. My wife and I are nervious. How do bus drivers get up to the minute reports of anything bad as far as weather goes that may be heading their way.
Austin - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I would call the bus station and ask them if there is any new's on the weather conditions,and if there has been ,or could be any cancelations ?Ask them how you can be updated if any changes are made,or delay's !


2
So it might be a little late (not in the BAD sence), but: 1) I've traveled in a bus (yes, in Texas) while there was a tornado. The bus center headquarters place radioed our driver. That's what they do during bad weather, you really do not need to be worried. 2) The weather in Austin is okay right now (trust me, I live here), just some rain, and it rains all the time, so it is okay. You really do not need to be worried. I know, as a parent, this probably brings little comfort, but just know it is okay down here.


3
Your concerns are well founded. There have been some tragedies involving busloads of kids in the Texas Hill country during flash floods. Most of those accidents have taken place in the resort areas near the campsites on the Guadelupe River. There are places where the water goes over the road even when there's no flooding, but again, those locales are in the back woods. The high schools in Austin are situated in urban areas with good drainage. You don't have that issue to worry about, but I can't make any promises about whether or not he loses his tuba.

Popular Posts