Monday, May 16, 2011

Texas Tech, UT Austin, UT Dallas?


Texas Tech, UT Austin, UT Dallas?
I am currently attending UT Dallas, but Its really getting boring here ( I'm a commuter ) and I'm thinking of transferring. My major is computer science and it is really tough, the professor is not helpful at all. Do you think it is a good idea to transfer to any of these schools? UT Austin Texas Tech UT Arlington can anyone from these universities comment on the level of difficulty, the professors there? I know it is hard to get into UTA. What is UTD's reputation like , do you think it is a good school?
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I would go to Austin if you can get in.


2
It's generally agreed that UT-Dallas has the best computer science program in Texas -- McDermott ensured that from the financial side. A&M also has a great reputation in computer science (they have the inventor of C++, among other things). I'm an honors student at UT-Austin, and our computer science program, I hear, is really good, too. Especially our honors CS program, the Turing Scholars. But I don't think you can get in to Turing Scholars once you've already started college. So of the three that you listed, UT-Austin is the place to go: Texas Tech and Arlington are weak, and don't have strong CS programs, at least, certainly not as strong as UT's. But UT -Dallas is supposed to have a better program than we do, so you might want to stick with it. Plus the fact that UT-Austin is so much more expensive. Keep that in mind, too, if that's an issue for you. Ummm, in terms outside of CS, I can tell you that life in Austin is way better than life in Dallas! Something for everybody, open-minded, and very relaxed. And it's not as hard to get in to UT-Austin through transfer as most people think; lots of openings are created from people dropping out because they got in with the top 10% rule from noncompetitive school and they can't handle or afford UTA. So there's a lot of room for transfers. My advice is to give it a shot.

Popular Posts