Saturday, April 16, 2011

Austin, Texas...?


Austin, Texas...?
Tell me about it, please. It doesn't matter if you're a native or transplant. I'm thinking about moving there in the next two years. (Also considering D/FW, Houston, San Antonio, OKC, and Tulsa.) What are the best areas of the city to live in? Where are the higher crime areas? How about the traffic issues? What else is offered in terms of parks, recreation, arts, culture, etc.? I've been to Austin once and fell in love w/ the city. It appears to be very friendly, and the Downtown areas and parks are just gorgeous. 6th St. has a cool vibe to it also, but I'm sure that's more of a tourist-oriented area. A very brief bio: age 22, middle-class, college-educated, want to attend law school in TX or OK, caucasian, conservative, Southern Baptist, friendly, love friendly people, have gay friends yet do not support civil unions or gay marraige, have friends of many non-Christian faiths, hard worker, love warm weather, love a good # of beautiful women :) Thanks in advance! By the way, if it matters, I'm moving from Kentucky.
Polls & Surveys - 3 Answers

Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1
I live in Texas, and I'm from here. I've been to Austin but I've never lived there. I like it, and I hope when you move there you'll like it also. Good luck!


2
Norman is nice, and OU has a great law school. Housing is cheaper in Norman (OK) than in texas. I like it here. My daughter is also trying (well thinking about ) to move to Austin, it has a great music scene and is really nice as you know, rent is higher.


3
im currently attending UT and its been amazing! im completely in love with austin. the people are super nice the social life is amazing theres always something to do. it is warm most of the time which i absolute love. the trafic gets bad sometimes in rush hour cause basically there's only 1 highway to get around that goes through the whole city and its very bad on rush hour but its not that bad. you couldnt go wrong by coming here ud love it! this is a very friendly place if you're attending UT live around West Campus. Thats where mostly all students live and there are a lot of cool places to hang around and its very close to campus. the only drawback is that its kind of expensive. but definetely consider Austin. During the fall it would be awesome if u could attend the Lognhorns football games. everyone in the city gets crazy during the season and everyone watched the games all around the city its amazing!

Popular Posts